Monday, January 21, 2019

Typing Game Tech Tip

Back in my middle school days, I played a few MMOs (massively multiplayer online game) where communication was important to be able to work with your group. However, I had my fingers locked on the WASD keys because those were the movement keys. So I got better at knowing where the keys were but never learned the proper way to type with all my fingers on the keyboard. There seems to be a like a max speed you can hit when you are pecking at the keys.

So I took a keyboarding class in high school my freshman year because I knew that I would need to actually learn how to type. All the papers and assignments started to be typed and my pecking wasn't going to cut it. Now that I'm in college and this class, I'm really happy that I learned how to type or my assignments would take ages.

The Ninja Cat and Zombie Dinosaurs was a cool game where I got to kill all sorts of zombie dinosaurs and it would improve typing. But for some reason, it glitched and lagged a lot for me so I ended up dying really early because I couldn't hit three letters that I had hit a minute ago. I also tried Type for Your Life which I liked. Basically you were constantly being chased by the bottom of the screen and needed to jump to platforms to get away. Completing the word at your platform let you jump and the speed of the screen increased after every jump.  I remember playing Nitro Type Race where you compete against other people in finishing a paragraph.


Typing a blur

No comments:

Post a Comment