Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Me on ... Class Assignments

I have had a few experiences with assignment setups like this one. Of these experiences, the majority have been in online classes, like English and government. Because of the online nature of the class there were discussion posts due almost daily from our assigned readings. Classes like these have given me a background in the habitual work for daily assignments. However, because of the subjects of those classes the types of assignments were different as making a story for a government class is not as effective.

The Storytelling assignments are easily the ones that intrigued me the most. I haven't done a lot of creative writing and I can say it definitely isn't my strong suit. In light of this, I am looking forward to improving my skills and the semester goes on. These assignments are good because learning and understanding the characters is essential to creating a story using their attributes or information from the stories.

Wikipedia Trails and Tech Tips are the extra credit options that sound the most interesting to me. There is an app that I have on my phone called "The Wiki Game" which is a type of puzzle game. In it you are given a random Wikipedia page that you start at and then you must find a way to another random page by following links within each page. You might start with "Barack Obama" and have to find a way to get to the page for "Apricot" following links on subsequent pages. I went from "Illinois" to "Illinois Wine" to "Peach" and finally "Apricot." Wikipedia Trails seems like the exact same concept but structured into a game form rather than for learning. This game could also be used as a kind of Tech Tip to do the Wikipedia Trails but within a gaming format.


Wikipedia Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment