Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My (Very Hot) Favorite Place: Tucson

I was actually born in Tucson but moved away when I was only a few months old to Illinois where I have lived all my life. Because of this, I didn't actually remember or know anything about Tucson or Arizona until a few years ago when my parents revisited and fell back in love with the area. They brought me along and by spending time in the Saguaro National Forest and Sabino Canyon, I got hooked too. We all loved it so much that we got a condo in the Catalina Foothills for vacations.


View of Santa Catalina Mountains; 
personal photo from October 2014


I've even become a fan of the Wildcats along with the rest of the family and got to go to a few games. But don't worry, the Sooners are still #1.



McKale Center at the University of Arizona:

2 comments:

  1. WOW, yes yes yes to the Catalinas, Jack! I lived In Tucson way back in the legendary days of Fred Snowden as the Wildcats coach in the 1970s. Our house was on Camino Cielo, just off Skyline Drive. I saw the Catalinas every day... and I still miss them! I put Sabino Canyon in my post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! We lived at the top of the Craycroft loop and those mountains just look like a painting.

      Delete