Monday, February 4, 2019

Feedback Strategies

Giving Creative Feedback - A Guide for Those Who Aren't Creative was the one of the first articles that I saw and instantly said, yep that's me! I wouldn't say that I am the most creative person out there, but basing something off of other things I have seen or comparing their uniqueness makes it easier for me to understand if something is creative. The article mentions this thought process and that it can help to give feedback if the piece resembles something familiar. The main points from the article that I would focus on are the probing questions and looking for red flags. It seemed like these two could be easily be practiced in the class and maybe even in all kinds of feedback. Some of the other advice didn't seem as relevant to what we are doing but would be great in a different situation, but of course that's me.

My other article was The Trouble with “Amazing”: Giving Praise that Matters and I really agreed with the points. The author discusses how we have to describe what was done well when giving praise and I think that is a great thought. Now when I think about when people give feedback it is a much greater feeling when someone mentions how they liked this specific detail you incorporated. Knowing that something paid off when you intentionally put it there is a better feeling than the overall, it was great. Learning to give directed praise is a good skill so that people know that their specific efforts are being appreciated and worthwhile. I think that it is important for effort to be recognized, and the author agrees.





Someone giving the feed, back to the camel.

No comments:

Post a Comment