Sunday, February 17, 2019

Famous Last Words: Tests Round 1

This week and last week were midterm weeks for me, so that was fun. I must say though, having only one midterm in one week and the other in the next week is better than having everything crammed. While studying for them was not the most fun thing, it all went pretty well and I got good grades (yay!).

Reading for this class was nice because of the video option. I thought that Sita Sings the Blues was pretty fun with those three narrator characters who just showed how crazy The Ramayana can get with all those different versions. The other things that was pretty helpful about the video option was that when I was running out of time before class, I could just turn that video speed up to 1.5x speed. This can definitely get out of control like when the regular speed is already pretty fast. But when the tempo lulls, cranking it up can get you the same content in less time. If you haven't tried this out with long, slow videos that you just to get done with, you might see how helpful it is.

As for outside of school (but still inside of campus), College Bowl registration as opened! I am pretty excited about it, but am also dreading when I have to make all these schedules. If any of you OU people stumble upon this, you should make a team! It's super fun and you don't have to be good at trivia I promise.

During the past few weeks when I have worked on stuff for this class I have noticed/figured out that a new plan of mine has been working out. I try to get one of the assignments done on each day of the week and couple that with an extra credit assignment. The extra credit assignments aren't that time consuming and it's good to get ahead of things. As long as I keep doing that, it shouldn't be to hard to manage.



Some Last Words

No comments:

Post a Comment