Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Reading Notes: Mahabharata Part B

I agree with the Pandavas, even if Dhritarashtra wasn’t plotting with is sons to take out his nephews, the Kaurava’s may still attempt to kill the Pandavas against their father’s wishes. Krishna is an unknown entity and is the incarnation of Vishnu but seems to have powers that are different than those of Rama. It is inferred that he could see the past, present, and future while I don’t think Rama every knew what was going to happen. But why is Krishna helping them?

The 12 year penalty for invading the privacy of one of the other cousins and Draupadi may cause problems later or could be used. Oh I was right, poor Arjuna, just needed some help. The favor of the Gods is very interesting, I wonder if one of them could somehow lose it and see everything crumble around them….

Duryodhana is a brat. That is all.

Sounds like the prophecy came true for Yudhistira. However, I feel like someone should have been able to stop him from losing everything. This part actually got me upset because I’m firmly in the “Draupadi wasn’t Yudhistira’s to give” camp and Krishna came in the clutch there. However, when Dhritarashtra just started handing boons out like candy I was confused. Why are they letting this happen all over again. Most frustrating story ever.

I got sucked into the story for a little bit there and didn’t take as many notes as I should have. However, I am very happy that Arjuna went and got more weapons so that they can take their revenge on the Kaurava’s. Reading about Krishna has given me a little bit of information for my storybook, but seeing more of him would give me a better idea.




Dushasana unwrapping Draupadi's sari


Bibliography:

The Mahabharata by R.K. Narayan

No comments:

Post a Comment