Monday, April 1, 2019

Reading Notes: Krishna

I wonder why Kamsa cared about the first seven children. The mysterious voice clearly says that it will be the eighth child of Devaki that will slay Kamsa. It’s also different from the Epified videos as I don’t think that Vasudev and Devaki willingly gave away their children to Kamsa. Why was the seventh child so important compared to the rest of the children? It’s also interesting that both the seventh and eighth children were blue skinned. 

The river story is similar, however, the serpents of Vishnu do not appear to shelter Vasudev. I think that the Epified version had Nanda knowing that Krishna was not their son. It seems like they would have no idea whose son Krishna was, but I think they knew in the other version. Krishna ate straight butter from a jar. That’s disgusting. Balarama also had blue skin when he was a baby, so it looks like he should have it now as well.

Krishna’s cunning will come in handy later. It shows his leadership even when it is used to steal butter. I think it would be cool to implement Krishna’s musical skills later, but highlight them as a great strength. If someone lifted a mountain with their pinky I think that I would just accept fate because there is no way I’m taking him down. Maybe Krishna will get attacked by a whole army of people, but he will just put them to sleep with his tunes. Maybe his skills can be used in a Mahabharata type story. 

Krishna with his flute


Bibliography:

Krishna: Retold from the Bhagawat Puran by Anant Pai and Ram Waeekar

No comments:

Post a Comment